½ onion, diced
1t olive oil
1 ½ c Vidal Blanc ( or your favorite semi-dry white wine)
1 ½ c chicken or vegetable stock (or water with 2 bouillon packets)
1 butternut squash (peeled and cubed, approximately 4 cups)
1t dried marjoram
1 t Old Bay seasonings
Cracked black pepper, to taste
½ recipe Crab Dip **
- In large saucepan, sauté onions in oil until translucent. Add liquid, squash and seasonings to onions. Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes or until squash is very tender.
- Puree squash in pan with stick blender (can also use blender or food processor in batches) until smooth.
- Add crab dip and heat through but do not allow to boil.
Note: This recipe can be a tad sweet. Feel free to add more Old Bay or some Tabasco for a bit of heat.
**Crab Dip Recipe:
1 block cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 lb crab meat (I prefer lump crabmeat)
1t Old Bay seasoning (to taste)
- Melt in butter and cream cheese slowly in double boiler.
- Add remaining ingredients and serve warm with crackers.
- I like to heat this in the oven for 20 minutes to get it a bit bubbly.