Oh, my goodness…. this sauce is so delicious! A friend recently mentioned a crock pot dinner that she’d made that sounded good, but I didn’t want to use my crock pot. I got the basics of the recipe from her, looked at a few other recipes, and went to “work”.
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/3 cup half & half (fat-free is fine)
- 2-3 forks of julienned sun dried tomatoes *I like to add a spoonful of the oil to this sauce as well
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 TBSP Parmesan
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow light cheese
- 1-2 T white wine (I used Boordy Vineyards Vidal Blanc)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta water, as needed/if available, to thin or extend sauce
- In a heavy sauce pan, simmer butter with half & half until butter melts.
- Add sun dried tomato and fresh spinach, stir and allow spinach time to wilt.
- Add Parmesan and Laughing Cow, stir to combine and allow the flavors to meld.
- Add wine, salt & pepper, then taste sauce, adjusting flavors as needed. Add pasta water, if needed.
I typically spoon this sauce over baked chicken, pasta, and broccoli, as seen in the photo. I’ve also served this sauce over shrimp. It’s a delicious addition to enhance that plain chicken and vegetable dinner. It doesn’t take long to make this sauce and makes for a beautiful dinner plate!